trunnion mounted ball valve
Xhval as the premier ball valve manufacturer supplies ball valves guaranteed to be made from high-quality materials, tmbv ball valves for oil, gas, fluids, and other pipeline needs, adhere to the client’s exact design requirements.
API 6D Trunnion Mounted Ball Valves
In adherence to the highest API standards, you are sure to find API 6D trunnion-mounted ball valves that is fire safe.
Double Trunnion Ball Valve
The DBB Ball valve or Double Block and Bleed Ball valve provides blockage and sealing of flow from both sides of the valve.
Top Entry Trunnion Mounted Ball Valve
The easy adjustability of the Top Entry Trunion Mounted Ball Valve makes it the ideal choice for systems that require fast shut-offs.
Other Custom Made Trunnion types ball valves
Forged Steel Trunnion Ball Valve
While not as diverse in designs as their cast steel counterpart, the Forged Steel Trunnion Ball Valve is valued for its strength and toughness.
Metal Seated Trunnion Ball Valve
The Metal Seated Trunnion Ball Valve is made for high pressure and high temperature environments, as well as, for abrasive and corrosive uses.
Cast Steel Trunnion Ball Valve
Cast Steel Trunnion Ball Valve has endless variety because the design of the molds for the cast may vary in size, structure, and other features.
Trunnion ball valve design
- Trunnion Mounted Structure used to seal or block the flow of whatever is in the pipe.
- Valve weight, size, and material strictly conform to the API standard.
- A mounted ball valve with a bleeder is required to make sure that pressure surges in pipes are controlled or avoided.
- Ideal for bi-directional sealing. It can stop or block the movement of the upstream and downstream flow.
Trunnion Mounted Ball Valve: Overview
Trunnion ball valve specification
Trunnion ball valve standards
2“–60”, DN50–DN1200, NPS 2, NPS 3, NPS 4, NPS 6, NPS 8, NPS 10, NPS 12, NPS 14, NPS 16, NPS 18, NPS 20, NPS 24, NPS 30, NPS 36
150LB–2500LB , PN16–DN420, JIS10-20K
A105, LF2, F316, F11, F304, F316, F51 , F55;
Design and Manufacturing Standards
API 6D, API 608, ASME B16.34, ISO 17292, BS5351;
Face to Face Standards
ASME B16.10, BS 558, BS12982, ISO 5752;
Flange Dimension Standards
ASME B 16.5, ASME B16.47, ASME B16.25, ASME B16.11, BS 12627;
Pressure Test Standards
API598, API 6D, BS12569;
Fire Safety Test Standards
API 6FA API 607
ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO18001;
ISO 15848-1, API 622;
NACE MR 0175
Valve operator options
Handwhel, Worm Gear, Electric actuator, Pneumatic actuator, Hydraulic Actuator;
API 598 (Zero Leakage), API 6D;
Full Bore, Reduced Bore
Process Connection Types
SW, NPT, BW , RF, RTJ;
What is a Trunnion Ball Valve?
High-pressure operations are what is trunnion ball valve is ideal for. The design anchors the ball valve trunnion meaning a seal for both upwards and downward streams are achieved.
XHVAL industrial valve co has different types and materials for every trunnion ball valve need, in whatever application is required. Spanning over three decades of expertise, XHVAL trunnion ball valve manufacturers produce customized ball valves made from the highest quality materials and that adhere to the top API standard.
Advantages of the Trunnion-mounted Ball Valve
Lower operating torque
The operating torque of the trunnion-mounted ball valves is reduced due to additional support provided by the trunnion, giving reinforcement to the bottom of the ball and the top.
Ease of operation
A quarter-turn is easier to operate as opposed to valves that a require a full turn. It is preferred by industries that require quick maneuverability and shut-off.
Minimized seat wear
The isolated nature of the trunnion-mounted ball prevents the wear of seats resulting in its durability and longer service life.
High and low-pressure control
It is ideal for high and low-pressure control because of the sealing of the ball valve by a separate spring mechanism.
Trunnion Mounted Ball Valve Applications
Oil and gas valve
- oil refinery feedstock lines
- crude oil plants
- gas feed lines
- field gas plants
- industrial gas processing plants
- agricultural fertilizer transport
- liquified natural gas for tankers
- Coal, iron concentrate, and copper ore slurry from the mining industry
- agricultural fertilizer transport
- pharmaceutical liquids and gases
- chemical plants
- food plants
- petroleum plant extraction and transportation
- coal-fired plants
- natural gas plants
- methane, ethane, and propane plants
- butane refinery plants
Why Xhval Trunnion mounted ball valve
- Xhaval trunnion mounted ball valve features an adjustable gland packing box with multiple stem sealing to help our customers meet the stringent ISO 15848 fugitive emissions test requirements.
- Xhaval trunnion mounted ball valve designed to provide our customers the highest confidence in maintaining their processes in working condition.
- Xhaval trunnion mounted ball valve meets demanding specifications like API 607/6FA fire safety, API 6D, API 598 pressure test requirements, SIL3, as well as many others.
Trunnion Ball Valve vs Floating
The main difference between the ball valve trunnion vs floating ball valve lies in their mechanism. The floating ball valve is only connected to a top shaft or the valve stem, while the trunnion-mounted valve’s ball is connected to a bottom shaft or the trunnion.